Welcome to the Lane Library!
The Lane Library is a warm and welcoming place for students, teachers, and parents. It is the goal of the library program to develop and encourage a love of reading for all students and assist them in becoming critical thinkers who are effective and responsible users of information.
During Virtual and Concurrent Learning, all students will access library lessons every other week.
Students will have the option to check out books from the library, following these steps (a "How-to" video link is below):
- Students may place up to five books on hold using the Lane Library catalog (click on "Search the Lane ES Library Catalog" button, below).
- Mrs. Chozick will gather some or all of the books.
- If students are virtual, she will then send an email to the student’s parent(s) telling them the books are ready. The email will include a link to a SignUp Genius for parents to choose a date/time to pick up the books. One student per time slot, please.
- Virtual students come on the chosen date/time to pick up their books. Students may also return any library books they have at home at that time. Library books for virtual students may only be picked up during curbside events. Please do not come to the school at other times.
- If students are in-person, she will deliver them to the classroom once a week (which may or may not match their library lesson day). Library books should be returned to the classroom; Mrs. Chozick will pick up the books.
Please note: Books may be returned to the bin outside Door #1 at any time.
Overdue Books Policy
Students are not fined for overdue books! We encourage students to return their books in order to check out new ones. However, students are responsible for paying for lost or damaged books.
Lane Library Catalog
Online Databases and eBooks
Our Library Staff
- Librarian, ES
TumbleBooks has over 1,000 titles including story books, read alongs, videos, nonfiction, math stories, puzzle games and more. See your teacher for username/password.
Log on with FCPS username and password.