Learn about Lane Elementary!
Our Vision Statement
The community of learners of Lane Elementary School envisions a diverse community of learners working together to achieve their limitless potential as moral, conscientious citizens.
- Students will develop an awareness of community resources and how they can make a difference within that community.
- Students will develop a sense of purpose and an awareness of societal responsibility.
- Students will be sensitive to individual differences.
- Students will accept diversity.
- Students, parents, and staff will collaboratively be accountable for high achievement in the classroom and within the community.
FCPS School Profile
Our School Motto
“Communicate, Collaborate & Care!”
The Lane Elementary School community recognizes that all students can learn. We will engage in on-going assessment to monitor learning. We will remediate and challenge all students using a variety of strategies, programs, resources and best instructional practices. We will work collaboratively to set and maintain high expectations and offer a challenging, stimulating curriculum.
- All students can learn.
- The partnership between family, community, and school is essential to our success.
- In remediating and challenging all students using research-based best instructional practices.
- Technology plays a key role in preparing children for twenty-first-century learning.
- Individual needs of each child are recognized and met through differentiation.
- Students should be safe, responsible, and respectful.
- In helping students to recognize their talents and to make positive contributions to society.
Advanced Academics Programs
Fairfax County Public Schools offers a continuum of advanced academic services for students K-12 that builds upon students' individual strengths and skills and maximizes academic potential for all learners.
School attendance is important! View our attendance policies as well as ways to report an absence.
Information about reserving our school building for meetings or events and about distributing fliers through our school folders
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
Our English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) department works with children who are English Learners (ELs).
Kindergarten and New Student Registration
We're excited to welcome our newest Lions to Lane Elementary School! Looking for information about registering a new student with us? Begin the registration process!