Kiss and Ride Procedures
Dropping Off and Picking Up Your Child in a Car Safely
While we strongly recommend having your child ride the FCPS school bus, we know from time to time you will need to drive your child to school.
For the safety of all our students, there will be one traffic pattern during arrival (9 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.) and dismissal (4:05 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.). The Kiss and Ride area is for vehicular pick-up only. All cars dropping off or picking up students will travel through the same Kiss and Ride line. Parents are asked to follow the signs and directions of adults at all times in the parking lot when children are present.
Parents who walk to pick up their children must meet their children at Door #5, not at Kiss and Ride.
The entrance to the school on Beulah Street will be CLOSED daily during arrival and dismissal. You MUST enter from Silver Lake Boulevard.
- Drop your child off ONLY in the Kiss and Ride traffic pattern.
- Pull your car forward as far as possible in the line.
- Make sure your child enters and exits your car on the building side, not into the parking lot.
- Do not pass other cars in line.
- Turn right when exiting the Kiss and Ride line. All cars must exit this way through the Beulah Park parking lot.
- Plan ahead! Rushing can cause accidents, injuries, and stress.
- Always follow the directions of the adults directing traffic.
- Please observe that Kiss and Ride is a no cell phone area.